We are now Casting!!
Casting is now open for THE ODD COUPLE by Neil Simon, to be performed in
December 2018- January 2019.
The Odd Couple Synopsis:
Neil Simon’s classic American comedy opens as a group of the guys are in the midst of their weekly poker game in the apartment of divorced sportswriter, Oscar Madison. And if the mess is any indication, it's no wonder that his wife left him. The apartment is smoke-filled, and the only thing Oscar can offer his guests is warm Coke and mouldy sandwiches. The last to arrive is Felix Ungar, who has just been thrown out by his wife. Felix is depressed and seems suicidal, leading Oscar to invite Felix to be his roommate. However, as Felix takes on the domestic mantle in the apartment and proves just how difficult he is to live with, Oscar is driven to the edge of madness. Poker nights are no longer evenings of smoke, grubbiness, and blokey behavior; instead, the guys are waited on hand and foot by Felix. The final straw comes when Felix refuses to follow through with a double-date Oscar has set up with the beautiful Pigeon sisters, who live in the same apartment block. The clean freak and the slob come to blows, and the ultimate ‘Odd Couple’ go their separate ways...
The Roles we shall be auditioning for:
· Oscar Madison: (Male, 43) A pleasant, appealing man. Enjoys life, poker, friends, excessive drinking and cigars. Carefree, sloppy, recently divorced sportswriter for the New York Post. Father to 6 year old son.
· Felix Ungar: (Male, mid 40's) A fastidious, hypochondriac news-writer whose marriage is ending. Enjoys cooking, cleaning, and order.
· Murray: (Male, late 30s-early 50s) A NYPD policeman, one of Oscar and Felix's poker buddies. Happily married. Tough cop, nice guy. Has trouble shuffling cards.
· Speed: (Male, 40-60) One of the poker buddies. Gruff and sarcastic, often picking on Vinnie and Murray. Cigar smoker.
· Vinnie: (Male, 40-60) One of the poker buddies. Vinnie is mild-mannered and henpecked, making him an easy target for Speed's verbal barbs.
· Roy: (Male, late 30s-60) One of the poker buddies. Oscar's accountant. Wears a suit to work. Roy has a dry wit but is less acerbic than Speed.
ALL ROLES REQUIRE A CONVINCING AMERICAN ACCENT
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU LIVE IN AND AROUND DÜSSELDORF AND/OR HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE DURING REHEARSALS AND SHOWS. WE CANNOT PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION.
The rehearsals would be for 1 month in November in Düsseldorf, with the premiere set for Monday 3rd December at 8pm.
There will be a total of 8 performances altogether (with a possible preview show on Sunday 2nd December, making it 9 shows) on the following dates:
Monday 3rd December @ 8pm
Sunday 9th December @ 2pm
Monday 10th December @ 8pm
Sunday 16th December @ 2pm
Monday 17th December @ 8pm
Sunday 30th December @ 2pm
Sunday 6th January @ 2pm
Monday 7th January @ 8pm
The 2 lead roles we would need at every every rehearsal but of course supporting roles would be needed only for the scenes they are in.
If you're interested and most importantly available for the project please get in touch with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.